June 24, 2010

What we've been up to...




I'm not even going to apologize for the fact that our blog has been dormant for three months. But I will make excuses. The biggest one being that I haven't had a camera to use until about 3 weeks ago and the next biggest one being that once I did get a camera, my stupid computer refused to read the memory card. Like I've been saying my whole life, technology hates me. Ok, I feel better now.

Well, once school got out, our lives got a lot more exciting! We went to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, it was the best day EVER! Ellie loved it, you could just tell. And fortunately for us, Nolan had a camera so we were able to document the momentous occasion.

After our time in California was up (sniff sniff) we headed out to Oregon to visit the Hieb clan. It was a great trip! Eleanor got to hang out with her cousins and we had a great Mothers Day celebration- I got to spend my first mothers day with my baby, my sister, and my mom! It was a really nice trip.

And then the real adventure started. We headed out on our way to Michigan in mid-May and let me tell you, it was not uneventful. I had envisioned driving across the great plains as a calming, scenic, almost therepeutic experience. The last thing I expected was a blizzard to cross our path. Seriously, we left early in the morning and once we crossed the border into Wyoming it started to snow. By the time we got to Cheyenne, there were three feet of snow back where we had begun our journey. I have a video to prove it. Too bad blogger won't let us post videos that are too large.

Once arrived in Michigan, we got to move into our new apartment and Scott started his work at Ford. Ellie and I have kept busy by working on stuff for the etsy shop and finding little adventures to go on. We love to go to the library- they have a great little play area there that Ellie just goes crazy for. The library also lets us check out passes to go to various museums in the area. We went to a dinosaur exhibit last week, it was really cool. Scott and I have also taken Ellie swimming a couple of times and she relaly loves that! I think she might be the next Michael Phelps, only a girl.

Well that's life out here. I would promise to blog again soon, but we both know how those promises tend to go...

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I love the "she's like micheal phelps, only a girl" comment. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I got to spend your first Mother's Day with you! What a special moment in time. Glad you guys were able to get to Michigan safely and extremely glad that we were able to come visit you! I love you so much, little Sis!

    ReplyDelete